As the items on the "To Do Before Rolling Out The Etsy Shop" list are slowly-by-slowly checked off, I've been thinking of all the reasons I'm thrilled this online resource exists. Because, however, I realized you don't know why, it seemed helpful to share some of those reasons with you this morning!
I'm excited about Etsy because:
- They're well-established and have a phenomenal reputation. With a Google PageRank of 7/10 and Alexa Rank of 1,228 today, I feel very good about using this company.
- Their site is easy to navigate - I've always found great products when I performed a random search.
- Shoppers can search by color.
- So many of the items for sale are of exceptional quality.
- The only items sold on Etsy are handmade.
- They provide remarkable community resources for sellers. From forums and chat to virtual labs to articles, sellers aren't jumping in blind.
- You've heard, "No need to reinvent the wheel" how many times? Well, I don't have the capability of creating an online store of the quality I prefer. No worries! It's already there - I'm just having to set up shop with what's already been established.
- Etsy doesn't just leave sellers on their own to promote their shops and products. They also promote the overall site, through a range of emerging and established online resources. Including, for example, twitter! (twitter/storque & twitter/etsy)
- Being aware of other sellers working hard to make their Etsy shops of the highest quality challenges me to do an even better job as I set up my own. Remember that "smart friend" in high school whose grades challenged you work a little harder? It's kind of the same thing.
- They have "Alchemy" which is an area in which: "Buyers can post requests for custom handmade items, and then sellers bid on the opportunity to make the goods." How cool is that?!
Ten is a nice, tidy, complete number. Apparently I could have kept writing. Maybe another day!
Now how 'bout I get back to the work on selecting the perfect photos to showcase my work so I can actually impress you with my new shop's Grand Opening on June 1st!
Don't forget to sign up for my June 1 midnight drawing!!! And thanks to all those who have already got their names in the pot. It's been great fun to see your submissions coming in!