Late Saturday morning, I'm reflecting on the week just passed and the random thoughts flood in. Nothing's related, and I'm frightened to even consider writing the to-do list I should have written first thing, so I'll continue these reflections:
- Fleece keeps me much warmer than I ever expect it to. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I've "learned this lesson."
- Listening to live music continues to remain among my favorite ways to spend my time.
- Sadly, I've found that nearly all the people I once called to go hear a band either live far, far away... or now have babies which renders the thought of spontaneously going to hear live music a thing of the past.
- It no longer seems dorky to let myself fall asleep by 9 o'clock on a Friday night when I discover I need to. Now it feels like a decadent, luxurious gift.
- Waking to discover a surprise "just sayin' hello" text message left the night before (after, say, you went to sleep at the aforementioned early hour,) is a perfect way to start the day.
- I'm working in clay today for the first time in weeks - maybe months. The anticipation makes me a little giddy.
- As does the moments-ago discovery that a shared shipment of jewelry-design supplies has finally been delivered at my friend's garage door. FedEx tracking? A very handy thing. Friend's teaching a fused-glass class this morning; it occurs to me that she doesn't even know yet!
- After chilling temperatures earlier this week, I've discovered that our local forecast predicts 77 degrees this coming week. Bizarro...
Look at the time! As soon as I top off this coffee, it's back to the whirlwind of errand-running I began nearly 2 hours ago. So far so good...
Hope your Saturday is equally grand!