When I stumbled across the site, The Eight Irresistible Principles of Fun, I thought, "Cool! This will be a distracting little highlight to my day. A few minutes of fun is probably exactly what I should take time for!" It was way, way better than that. Because the core elements in this slideshow reflect ideals I want my life to encompass.
Included in the graphic above, taken from the slideshow itself, are just a few samples of the many "pearls of wisdom" or - Irresistible Principles:
- "When you come right down to it, all you have is yourself. All the rest is nothing." Pablo Picasso, artist,
- Don't wait any longer for permission to do what you want to do,
- BE CREATIVE 3. Stop following the rules,
- almost all of the rules are negotiable,
- "Men wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages. Bitter cold. Long months of complete darkness. Constant danger. Safe return doubtful." Ernest Shackleton, explorer,
- Think of all that stuff that's weighing you down and getting in the way
Once you're finished with the presentation, and you've seen all 8 of the principles, you'll be invited to visit a website called Box of Crayons. Which is a Toronto-based "company that works with organizations and teams around the world to help them do less Good Work and more Great Work."
I'm sitting here smiling, thinking about how this is just one of many examples of those who are harnessing their creativity and the viral power of the 'net to advertise their services. So many possibilities...
Go watch it. Really. It's worth your time.
This little gem just keeps on giving. I now know, too, that the video was put together by Michael Bungay Stanier who wrote Find Your Great Work. Lots of good fodder here.
Okay, I have some other great work in process. It's a fabulous day of creative productivity. Best get back to it now!