Back in Greensboro, this day is very fine. Nothing earth-shattering, and nothing "to write home about." I suppose some wouldn't bother to blog it, either, but that's them... I thought I'd just quickly check in with a little happy list of things making my day a little better:
- Finally got connected to the internet after a little too much time spent worrying over That Particular Thing I Generally Take For Granted,
- Trip to the post office yielded super happy pickup - 2 books and a girly splurge, all delivered in one handy box from Amazon, not too long after I left town last time and waiting for me to return home:
- Seth Godin's Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us, which I really had meant to pick up months ago, but never mind. I have it now.
- Hugh MaLeod's Ignore Everybody: and 39 Other Keys to Creativity, yet another book I've been anticipating for far longer than you would have probably waited to get. (Particularly since I even bothered to blog about this one, in anticipation, way back when.)
- Upper Canada "Wild Mint Lime" lotion which I recently discovered an addiction to. There's no way to possibly describe this particular scent. Nor how happy it makes me. It was one of those ridiculous splurges you just have to sometimes let yourself have. Especially when you're getting free shipping on orders totaling $25 or more.
- A little trip to The Fresh Market for some slices of perfection such as blueberries (now that I can't walk outside and pick them myself every morning, sushi, vanilla almond granola cereal, Chobani Greek Yogurt, (people following along will observe that I'm not yet loyal to any one brand of Greek yogurt,) and - oh, I don't know, you don't really want my whole grocery list anyway!
- Sushi For Lunch!!!
- Forgotten CD, found just for a productive Friday work session: Soul of Tango, by Yo-Yo Ma,
- And... the promise of seeing My Amazing Nephew for the first time in weeks. He's probably driving by now.