Monday, 1 September, 2008 at 9:43 AM
- I put my left contact in before the right one, every time. Almost from the very first pair I wore, I realized that if I didn't commit to this pattern, I'd never see straight again.
- I can burp on demand.
- There's always a little smattering of fresh paper towel squares all over my house. Drinking coffee all morning long, and iced water throughout the day, each time I pour a refill, I get a fresh one. But since they often go undamaged, I leave them sitting where they were, like a little stack of coasters, so as not to waste them. Then I'll forget when I'm back in the kitchen, and get another one. Thank God for the newish offering of half-square paper towels. They make me feel slightly less wasteful.
- If you ask me a question, I can rarely give you the short version. I think it's because I so often want more details than most people do. (And I just deleted the long, rambly example, that would have given you a back-story!)
- If I promise you I'll do something - even if it's something meant for some random time in the future, and even if I perpetually put off doing that thing - I'll never let go of the feeling of obligation. In the end I'll spend far more time thinking about how I still didn't fulfill my promise than it would have taken me to actually fulfill it in the first place. Example: in high school, friend Cindi and I promised Christopher, a little boy I'd babysat since he was 2, that we would make him a copy of "Lollipop" by the Chordettes (it was on a mixed tape we played in her car.) He reminded us for years, and still he never got his song. Recently I heard it again and wondered if I might not hunt him down and send him the song (mp3 version would prolly work just fine by now, eh?) although I haven't seen him in close to 20 years and have no idea where he lives now. As if he still cares about this song.
- At home when I'm alone, I dance almost every day. All it takes is a bit of music with the right beat, and I'm moving. But I haven't been out dancing in public in months.
Now for the rules:
- Link the person who tagged you.
- Mention the rules on your blog.
- Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
- Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
- Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they've been tagged