The verbal feedback I receive about my blog is that while it's fun to read the random stuff I hunt down for your enjoyment, and it's cool to see the nifty sites I point you to when it pleases me, sometimes people just want to know what I'm doing. Nosey, nosey readers, I'd say. (Me too - I read other personal blogs for similar reasons. Don't go getting all sensitive I called you nosey. We're all nosey.) Since it's a personal blog, I guess those kinds of questions are in order.
Thing is, if I told you I sat up working last night until 2:30am, along the way deciding it would be a good idea to pop open the most innocent little bottle of cab, then consuming a bit more than a glass of said red, and that, as a result, my morning has moved more slowly than usual, and that I've now listened to the same song about 73 times in a row, and that I got my coffee pot back out of the cabinet 3 days ago and have been drinking substandard cups of decaf with soy creamer but these cups of coffee-esque goodness sometimes just beat the hell out of the taste of green tea, and that I'm meeting a friend passing through town for lunch in 2 hours but haven't yet made it to the shower... well if I told you all these things, I wonder if you'd really care. I wonder if you'd even read this far! I mean, sometimes my day-to-day existence is just not that interesting! It certainly pleases me, but does anybody else need to know this stuff?
But you asked for it, dear reader. Again and again you've asked me lately what I'm up to. "I don't care about other people's sites," you tell me, "I want to know what's going on with YOU!!!" So I'll tell you more. 'Cause really it's not my concern if you make it to the end. (She lies, as if bloggers aren't among the most narcissistic creatures populating the planet, knowing full well that we are.) Yea, why don't I just tell you more? I'll tell you that:
- After ages and ages, and recommendations from untold numbers of people, I've finally started using Skype. And love it. Of course. What Web Worker Type Person doesn't use Skype, anyway? Yea, that'd be me. Well, that would have been me. Not anymore.
- More than one current project has taken me over to WordPress.org which is new territory for me. And although I'm a die-hard Squarespace fan, I figured it would be a great idea to expand my knowledge-base and try some new things. And while I realize that Squarespace isn't perhaps for everyone (there are, in fact, 3-5 people in the world who probably aren't the best candidates for this product, I suppose,) at this juncture, I just can't figure out why anybody would want to do all you have to do to get a site set up on WordPress when Squarespace exists! Of course I'm very early in the process - keep getting stopped for thousands of other things - and still have much to learn. So I'll hold off on totally panning it; this many people can't be wrong, can they? WordPress has far, far more people in love with it than Squarespace does. So far. But maybe that's just because they got here first? Yea, I'll be writing more about that later on. I know you can't wait...
- I lost 13 pounds between November 2 and, oh, December 14, and that was cool. Not as cool as it would have been if I hadn't, in fact, put those same pounds on this very summer. But cool, anyway.
- Which is why you'd probably, like me, wonder why on earth haven't I exercised in a week. I mean, if the results are making you happy, wouldn't you want to continue with those behaviors? You'd be right, too. These are certainly among the questions I'm asking myself these days. Preferring to think that this is just a little momentary blip in the cogs of my own personal process, and that very soon I'll be back on track. More on that later, I have no doubt.
- All my winter coats are in storage. Which is mighty inconvenient right about now, as I notice the current (albeit sunny,) temperature is 23° Farenheit. Which, for the convenience of my further-away-than-most readers, translates to -5° Celsius. Which, for the convenience of all of us, is just plain cold. Seriously, honkin' cold. (Not, of course, as cold as my friends in Seattle. With all the snow they've been getting. Or the other friend who called while in Toronto for a few days. Pretty cold there, too. Still...) So I'll swing by storage today and get a few coats. Might as well have some options, right?
See? I could apparently go on indefinitely. Ad Nauseum, you might say. But nobody really wants that. Plus, now I'm even further behind on this to-do list. Better get that shower. I'm thinking it'll help me focus better, anyway.
Hope you're having a grand week too! And that you're further along in the Christmas Gift Procurement And Wrapping process than yours truly. I won't even go into that topic. It'd just depress me...